ONLY MALE INDIVIDUAL SPOTS REMAIN!
Special Notes Due to the Pandemic:
- The exact start and end dates may have to be changed based on any possible restrictions.
- If required, we will delay the start of a season by up to 4 weeks (If it is longer than that, we would contact teams to make sure they still want to play in the delayed season)
- If we have to shorten the season, all registration will be given a pro-rated refund (you would only pay for games scheduled)
- Some aspects before, after or during the game may have to be augmented to comply with provincial restrictions
- If, for whatever reason, the season does not happen at all, all registrations will be refunded in full
- The season may be paused if health restrictions change and then started up again when the health restrictions are changed back
- If the season cannot be finished due to restrictions changing after starting the season, and the season has not reached the halfway point, all registrations will be given a prorated refund minus an admin fee of $25 per registration
- If the season cannot be finished due to restrictions changing after starting the season, and the season has reached the halfway point, all registrations will be given a prorated credit minus an admin fee of $25 per registration
- All players will have to be on the roster before playing (which is always the rule but it will be strictly enforced for the purpose of contact tracing)
- Format: This is a 6-on-6, Beach Volleyball League
- Game Length: All games are 60 minutes in length (including 5 minutes to warm up)
- Gender Requirements: Teams must have 2 females on the court at all times
- Length of Season: The season is 9 weeks long (7 weeks of regular season)
- Playoffs: Every team is guaranteed 2 weeks of playoffs, with the top 4 teams playing for the championship
- Exclusion Dates: None
- Officials: Every game will be self-officiated. A convener will be present to assist.
- Rules: Please review the league rules online: https://www.averagejoesports.ca/rules-list.php
- Equipment: The nets will be set up every week by the Town of Milton. Game balls & 1 scoreboard per court will be provided each game by a convener.
- Other: All registration fees are subject to HST. Your spot is not guaranteed until you have paid in full
What Level should I sign up for?
Recreational - Players/Teams that have basic skills. There will be a lot of bumping and setting with a little bit spiking.
Intermediate - Players/Teams that have slightly more advanced skills. All individuals should be comfortable with all aspects of the game (including hitting). However, this is not for super-competitive teams.
Convenience fee on credit card payments: There will be a convenience fee of 2% on the total payment (Fee + HST + equipment deposit) charged to all credit card payments. If you prefer to avoid this charge, e-Transfer, cash and cheque payments are not subject to this fee. When requesting a refund (subject to our refund policy), the convenience fee will not be refunded (as it is not refunded by the credit card processor company on our end).
Average Joe Sports Club reserves the right to switch players/teams into a different division based on numbers and skill levels.
There are no refunds after the registration deadline.