Due to the ongoing health restrictions, we will only be offering one season during the summer. Of course, this is entirely dependent on the health restrictions allowing game-play. In order to run a league under the new Ontario phase system, the province must be in phase 2. We have opened up registration with the expectation that we will be allowed to play. Please note the following:
Special Notes Due to the Pandemic:
- The exact start and end dates may have to be changed based on the timing of restrictions being lifted
- If required, we will delay the start of a season by up to 4 weeks (If it is longer than that, we would contact teams to make sure they still want to play in the delayed season)
- Some aspects before, after or during the game may have to be augmented to comply with provincial restrictions
- If, for whatever reason, the season does not happen at all, all registrations will be refunded in full
- The season may be paused if health restrictions change and then started up again when the health restrictions are changed back
- If the season cannot be finished due to restrictions changing after starting the season, and the season has not reached the halfway point, all registrations will be given a prorated refund minus an admin fee of $25 per registration
- If the season cannot be finished due to restrictions changing after starting the season, and the season has reached the halfway point, all registrations will be given a prorated credit minus an admin fee of $25 per registration
- All players will have to be on the roster before playing (which is always the rule but it will be strictly enforced for the purpose of contact tracing)
- Format: This Co-ed Softball League is 3-Pitch (pitch to your own team) and is played with 9 fielders
- Game Length: All games are 90 minutes in length, with a cap of 7 innings
- Gender Requirements: Teams must have 3 males and 3 females on the field at all times
- Length of Season: Season is 8 weeks long (6 weeks of regular season)
- Playoffs: Every team is guaranteed 2 weeks of playoffs, with the top 4 teams playing for the championship
- Exclusion Dates: No games on August 1 (Civic Holiday Weekend) & Sept 5 (Labour Day Weekend)
- Skill Level: Teams are expected to be at a Recreational skill level
- Jerseys: Teams are not required to have team jerseys, but we recommend teams wear matching shirts
- Officials: Every game will be self-officiated, meaning players call their own safe, outs, etc.
- Rules: Please review the league rules online: https://www.averagejoesports.ca/rules-list.php
- Equipment: Teams will be required to put down a $125 equipment deposit for this league, which covers a set of real bases. The deposit will be returned at the end of the season, when the bases are returned to the league. Balls will also be provided, but teams will need to supply their own gloves and bats
- Other: All registration fees are subject to HST. Your spot is not guaranteed until you have paid in full
Average Joe Sports Club reserves the right to switch players/teams into a different division based on numbers and skill levels.
Should teams have their own bases please email us to refund your deposit.
*No refunds after the registration deadline has passed*
Convenience fee on credit card payments: Starting in 2021, there will be a convenience fee of 1.6% on the total payment (Fee + HST + equipment deposit) charged to all credit card payments. The credit card fees charged to Average Joe have increased significantly and we are no longer able to absorb that cost. The convenience fee represents approximately 50% of the fees charged to Average Joe (so we are essentially splitting the cost with our members who prefer to pay by credit card). If you prefer to avoid this charge, e-Transfer, cash and cheque payments are not subject to this fee. When requesting a refund (subject to our refund policy), the convenience fee will not be refunded (as it is not refunded by the credit card processor company on our end).